OMERA Social Sciences new update
OMERA Social Sciences interactive web-platform has been designed for allowing:
- the consultation of data about funding opportunities for social sciences research in the European Research Area;
- the incremental collection and update of these data through the interaction with individual and institutional users of the website;
- the exploration of new methodologies for studying the funding of social sciences research, based on experimental approach and participant observation;
- the analysis of grant-making and grant-seeking activities focusing on social sciences in the ERA.
The OMERA platform is addressed to researchers and grant-makers operating in social sciences’ research.
In order to participate to the project, researchers and institutions should register to the website: www.omerasocialscences.org.
Registered users can:
- browse research funding opportunities (fellowships, grants, prizes...) in the OMERA database, by clicking on the keyboard in the homepage. Funding opportunities can be browsed by type of beneficiary, type of call or free text. The search engine will show all the entries matching the selected criteria, allowing the researcher to consult the calls’ details and to add comments on them.
- leave a comment on OMERA data. All the comments about funding opportunities are grouped in the noticeboard, which both researchers and institutions can access by clicking on the notebook in the homepage.
- search research partners, be it a researcher or an institutions, amongst the OMERA community, by clicking on the shaking hands.
Every user has a personal profile which can be edited in every moment; its accuracy will help other users to get in contact for partnership. However, by selecting “hide my profile” the profile’s details will not be available to the OMERA community. The institutions holding an account can manage their personal page and update their records by uploading funding opportunities and monitoring the users' feedback .
OMERA is an ongoing research project on mobility in European Research Area: we are constantly improving the website features.
In March 2012 OMERA has been updated. Now registered users can:
- find new grant makers and new open calls
- suggest calls and add feedbacks
- follow Omera on Twitter and Facebook
See: www.omerasocialsciences.org for more details
or please contact:
Irene Bono and Chiara Carrozza (Research directors)
Sara Minucci (Research assistant)
R&R Consulting (Informatics design)